RCU Forums - View Single Post - FCT Kevlar UAT
Thread: FCT Kevlar UAT
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 01:56 AM
Mark Vandervelden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Martin
I was given the sphere and the cube UAT from FCT to use in each of the two Aurora Builds I did last year for Ian at Modelbou UK and was very impressed with them both.
The first install I did for Ian was a part build to get his blue "Hawk Aurora" finished and ready to fly in time for the 2013 Jetpower. This build was just the fuz and tails surfaces as his demo pilot Jamie Cuff had already finished the wings. In this blue one I fitted the more familiar cube type, its "very" well made with good sized fittings and has a very good flow rate through the removable "hence serviceable" centre pick up with its built in filter, The removable filter is is a big advantage as I've noticed not all the available moulded UATs from other manufatures allow access to the filter, any UAT with sealed filters would have a fairly limited life.

The second build I did for Ian was on his Red/Yellow "Brietling Aurora" that I see was featured on the front of "Jet International" mag. Again this one was a bit of a rush to get ready for Jetpower last year but as the Aurora is an easy build it turned out to be a neat straight forward install it was finished in pleanty of time for proveing flights before we left for Germany. On this second Aurora build I got to do the whole thing from scratch and along with the fantastic FCT main tank with duel fuel and smoke @ 4+2lt I fitted Saleems very first sphere shaped UAT. I was blown away when I first saw the new UAT, it looks brilliant and is a lovely well thought out design.

With hind sight a UAT being a sphere is a no brainer . It gives the maximum head from the pick up to the outer edge of the UAT in any attitude and the biggest margin of "air trapped" for any available UAT at this or any size. Again it has a flange for easy fitting and large bore CNC fittings for good fuel flow. Again the whole centre pick up with it serviceable filter is very easy to access.

In both these airframes I fitted Jet Munts 160s and the UATs can very easily cope with the fuel flow, I'm guessing they would be suitable for any sized turbine from the 90 you intend to fit in Alan's airframe you have there right up to 200-300 sized turbines we see popping up every were lately.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0004.JPG
Views:	1459
Size:	300.1 KB
ID:	1972997   Click image for larger version

Name:	blue aurora.jpg
Views:	1052
Size:	429.0 KB
ID:	1972998  

Last edited by Mark Vandervelden; 02-27-2014 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Bad spelling and Gramer!