RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bad RCU deal - BUYER BEWARE!
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 03:29 PM
Hinckley Bill
My Feedback: (569)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Luchnia
I put my offer of 175.00 in on 2/11 and it was accepted on 2/16. Engine was shipped on the 19th and I received it on Friday the 21rst and upon inspection and seeing the old DLE 20 module in the box I knew something was up. I immediately sent him an email to let him know that he had shipped the DLE 20 ignition module and even mentioned that is was probably a mistake and I totally understood how it could have happened.

He even acknowledged that he had shipped the wrong module to another buyer and states he never heard back from the guy, which later he denies it was the wrong module saying they are one and the same. Here is a quote from one of his emails verifying he shipped it to someone else: "Hi I sold a dl 20 to someone else I guess Ishipped you the wrong one I thought I ran this motor with this module I never heard back from the guy I sold the 20 to.I will check with troy built is Sarasota Monday I,ll let you know" (Bold and underline my emphasis)

Through all of this the fellow never once was willing to work this out and never would discuss working with the person that purchased the DLE 20. It was as if it never happened and what did TroyBuild have to do with any of this? He was trying to get Troybuilt to say they were the same modules to somehow convince me to accept the old module, yet TroyBuilt list different part numbers for them. When you think about it it's almost laughable!

The item was advertised as DLE/30 Engine - RTR and described as: "Engine Almost New less than 1/2 gallon of gas ran thru engine;175.00 plus shipping thanks"
Found the ad using DLE for the search term and looking under items sold in the last 30 days..........interesting commentary on both sides.

Quite frankly if it was my reputation at stake the money would be sent back without hesitation.....$175 just isn't enough to tarnish mine