RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bad RCU deal - BUYER BEWARE!
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2014, 05:21 PM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hinckley Bill
Found the ad using DLE for the search term and looking under items sold in the last 30 days..........interesting commentary on both sides.

Quite frankly if it was my reputation at stake the money would be sent back without hesitation.....$175 just isn't enough to tarnish mine
I totally agree with you. You probably could see my frustration in my review of how the deal went down. He claims I waited a week to send the engine back which I have emails to prove otherwise. There are two sides to every coin and it takes both to make the coin whole. Like you, I would rather give money back than get my reputation damaged. Was it worth a 175 dollars for that guy to get a poor review? To me a good name is much greater than any money I will ever get in my lifetime.

I sold a charger at a swap meet this month and I told the guy before he left, wait, I want you to have my phone number and address in case this does not work as I said it would. I even dropped the price on the item too. I told him you call me and I will refund your money if there is any problem at all - don't hesitate, I want you to be very satisfied with your purchase. He looked at me with a big smile, thanked me, and said, "I really appreciate it as I don't have much money and on a really tight budget." I said you are very welcome and he went on his way.

That was the way things should go. We can treat people decently and with respect as we would want to be treated.