RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bad RCU deal - BUYER BEWARE!
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 04:27 AM
Hinckley Bill
My Feedback: (569)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Luchnia
Nevermind! I found it. It was listed for 200.00 and he could not sell it....DANG....if I would have done a search under his name I would have found out this engine was 2 YEARS OLD and in a crashed plane! So my hunches were right about this guy! I knew deep inside something was wrong, but could never figure it out. WOW...."almost new" sort of goes out the window on this one doesn't it! Two years old ain't almost new.

I also found the DLE 20 he sold and now it all makes sense. He put the DLE 30 ignition with the DLE 20 and sent that off and then put the DLE 20 ignition in the box and shipped to me thinking I would just go off quietly accepting the old ignition. OR he had an old DLE 20 ignition laying around and shipped that. Wow....totally wild now that I did the research.

This was a great lesson for me. I do have a question when thinking about all this, why should not folks like this be marked for others to see? We all work together and when someone is crooked like this, mis-representing their items, others should know about it so they can either avoid the person or buy knowing it is a higher level of risk involved. I am glad my gutt feeling was right on this one! Thanks big time vegas, that was a huge help to my conscience!
Sad that you had to find out the 'honest truth' about the item you purchased through this incident, and then digging through old ads, rather than directly from the seller himself....

Because of your negative rating, and more importantly this thread, the seller will need to work extremely hard to convince others that they too shall not suffer the same fate as you at his hands if they purchase something from him