RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bad RCU deal - BUYER BEWARE!
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 09:46 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chopper52
I sold a JetCat Turbine on here to a Jet guy that new turbine's I had a complete overhaul done on it I then proceeded to run up to check it out before I sold it.
I was going bigger ( more pounds, thrust) I had all the prof to verify the minutes on the engine, and paper work to prove the truth.That was about a year ago.
We also talked on the phone together That there is where you both can get a gut feeling about each other..Moral of this story, is do your Investigation on people
before a transaction.... PS. buy the way the guy that bought my turbine is still a happy camper, there are still some good people out there.......
Good points - a phone call may have done the trick, yet I really wonder whether it would or not. I did have his phone number, but we were communicating through email and really did not see the need. Hindsight is always amazing at how you may have done things differently.

I do fault the guy some for mis-representing the engine, yet it really is my problem for not being wiser about it all and I can only blame me for that. I like dealing with folks that are straight shooters and as you put it, "do your investigation". I prefer to walk away from a deal knowing we are both on the same page about it no matter what. This particular seller and I are definitely not on the same page

I don't hold any ill will to him, I don't expect to ever deal with him again as I think he is shady, and I will let others know about the deal and they can make an informed decision.