RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bad RCU deal - BUYER BEWARE!
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 10:22 AM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Luchnia
Good points - a phone call may have done the trick, yet I really wonder whether it would or not. I did have his phone number, but we were communicating through email and really did not see the need. Hindsight is always amazing at how you may have done things differently.

I do fault the guy some for mis-representing the engine, yet it really is my problem for not being wiser about it all and I can only blame me for that. I like dealing with folks that are straight shooters and as you put it, "do your investigation". I prefer to walk away from a deal knowing we are both on the same page about it no matter what. This particular seller and I are definitely not on the same page

I don't hold any ill will to him, I don't expect to ever deal with him again as I think he is shady, and I will let others know about the deal and they can make an informed decision.
Luchnia - Some ways back in the thread you stated you had a bad vibe or "gut feeling" about the deal from the git go. I've made many internet deals, and likely avoided some disasters due to that "gut feel". I have no way of knowing that it ever prevented a bad deal, or cost me a good deal, but "listening" to that gut feeling has helped, I believe.

Emails, ratings, other buyers/sellers - no matter - if the bell is ringing, the deal don't happen.