RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bad RCU deal - BUYER BEWARE!
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 04:25 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bob Pastorello
Luchnia - Some ways back in the thread you stated you had a bad vibe or "gut feeling" about the deal from the git go. I've made many internet deals, and likely avoided some disasters due to that "gut feel". I have no way of knowing that it ever prevented a bad deal, or cost me a good deal, but "listening" to that gut feeling has helped, I believe.

Emails, ratings, other buyers/sellers - no matter - if the bell is ringing, the deal don't happen.
You know the old saying, "I knew better" I was sick with the flue and not using good judgment at the time. I got the got feeling after I had made the offer and read some of his email replies, but once that engine came and the guy was unwilling to work with me was when I should have went on my PayPal and filed the dispute ASAP. Good old gut feeling is just plain solid about 99% of the time and I knew that. I cannot remember my gut hunches ever leading me wrong. It was always when I went against them that I made a mistake.

You know it is weird but I have the same thing about people. I can be around a person or a group of people for a while and when my gut says watch a certain person carefully, then about 9 times out of 10 something is up. Have you ever noticed that when your "bell rings"? It is almost uncanny and my wife is often amazed at it. I think good discernment will show us a lot about deals, but we have to remember we only have so much info on RCU Market Place and that is not much to go on.

Vegas and Bill led me to something in this thread that will greatly help me. It never dawned on me I could search back by the person's name and see all of the deals he/she has made. That is a great tool for buyers and sellers. If I had of done that I would have seen the discrepancies/falsehoods this guy was posting. I had no clue the engine was 2 years old and would have immediately moved on if I had of known that. Hey, you live and learn! I am thankful to have the RC communities sharing knowledge.