RCU Forums - View Single Post - New pictures coming Wednesday!
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 09:13 AM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

I'm happy for all the modern armor buffs but modern armor for the most part just doesn't float my boat. Considering most model tanks are just shells
with some electronics and mechanics stuffed into them the part that remains as a model just isn't interesting to me; they're all too similar in the parts that remain.
Before anyone jumps on that, sounds don't do it and I fully recognize why most of us can't have a perfectly miniaturized tank in 1/16 scale down to engines, transmissions and all.

Older armor, in and around WWII that we all know is so diverse and character loaded you can lose yourself in the subject. It's similar to firearms, while modern arms are more effective, uniform and technologically superior to older arms esthetically they are droll and boring nothing even close to a 1911, P08, Mauser c96, Thompson 1921, Vickers or MP40. The 'old stuff' just had character, the character of individual designers and thinkers. Modern items ( not limited to arms of war ) are just boring as a whole, effective, useful and necessary but gawd awful boring... all the same studies, manufacturing methods and delivery channels are used the world over.

I'm glad somebody likes them. No flames please, enjoy your modern stuff in peace, just my 2 cents.

Jerry