RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bad RCU deal - BUYER BEWARE!
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 05:25 PM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Status update - I was able to pull the muffler off and get it cleaned up then straightened out with a swaging tool. I got it looking good now. I put some stainless standoff screws and also inspected the cylinder as best I could through the muffler hole. I did not pull the jug off the engine yet, but just looking through the exhaust it is not too bad. I think the engine itself is ok. Crank bearings feel alright without doing a visable inspection. I plan to get the jug off soon, but we are expecting bad weather here and I am not sure how soon I will get it checked out. I don't want to put too much time in it as I am trying to get a new DLE 55 on my EF 300 while the weather is bad

Here is the funny thing though. I also noticed on the old DLE ignition that there was a piece of mounting rubber taped on the bottom of it which is much like I use, however I removed the scotch tape and guess what? The ignition is missing the factory backplate! LOL....I just chuckled at that point. It won't hurt anything really, but goes to show why the guy did not want to take care of it.

I laced the ignition lead with silicon strapping that I had on hand and I plan to use it on my 20cc profile so it will get used and all is not lost. The only thing is the timing curve on these can stink big time on a profile. I will test it out and see what I think. .