RCU Forums - View Single Post - HPI Savage Flux HP good choice?
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 10:18 AM
Neymar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't like the look of the MT3 G3, but I love the look of the Savage. I've had an E-Maxx Brushless Edition and an E-Revo Brushless Edition. For me, I still think the E-Maxx Brushless Edition has the best MT look and the E-Revo Brushless Edition the best ST/Truggy look, they are just beautiful, but they both can't handle the power of the MMM on 4S, although the E-Maxx could the way I drove it, so you don't have to try 6S (on both). On my E-Maxx I drove on 4S, it was holding op pretty well but I shimmed the diffs and wasn't driving fast at all because I knew the diffs would die. I broke 1 diff on my E-Maxx. And then I bought a E-Revo Brushless Edition with my stupid head because it was looking like a beast. Tried 4S, after 3 runs my rear diff broke. Shimmed the new diffs front and rear, tried 4S, okay..then tried 6S some speedruns (not driving fast too), broke second diff and driveshafts. Then back to 4S, new diffs...
And within 12 runs I broke 4 diff, 2 times 6S. And for me in The Netherlands it isn't cheap, €30,- for one diff!

But the Savage will not die if I do some backflips? So...the diffs are strong enough to do some speedruns and bash a little?
I don't like backflips at all, but just to know if the diffs are strong. I think I will do it once a month, just for the fun.
If the diffs break, will be the Bullet Proof diffs from HPI be a good choice to buy?

Thanks for the help guys!