RCU Forums - View Single Post - Everything you need to know about LiPo batteries...
Old 03-04-2014, 04:31 PM
LSP972
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, Rob; copy all.

25 minutes??? Holy cow… works for me.

Think I'm gonna try a brushless Rustler. The LHS has some NIB, within a few bucks of Tower's price. He also has Venom 2S 5400mAh 20C sticks for $62, which matches Tower's price. These batteries have the "universal" connector goodies, so I don't have to fool around with making new charge cords.

Regarding the radio… I'm tempted to set it up on my Futaba 12Z airplane/heli radio, just to eliminate one extra thing (the car TX) to drag along to the field. Back in the day of 72/75mHz, that was a big no-no. But with 2.4gHz… who would care? If the radio with this Rustler is anything like the radios that came with the nitro trucks and buggies I had before, its absolute bottom-tier gear. Oh, I'm sure it works well enough, but… I've got several Futaba FASST park flyer receivers laying idle.

Anyway… cool, a new toy to play with and re-learn. This electric gig has rejuvenated my interest in the hobby. After almost 30 years of doing the wet-power stuff, I was close to being burned out.