RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jemco Focke Wulf 190D-9
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 07:33 PM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, I'm here to tell you that you made a rookie mistake, but it was a big one that could really hurt the performance and it looks really bad.

Looking at the leading edge on the plan I can kind of see how you wrongly interpreted it, what you didn't see is that the plans show the wing at the center section and it does have a SLIGHT flat spot that you would sand onto the leading edge after you sanded it into an airfoil shape so that it sits right in the fuselage. What you would do when building a scale plane is look at the full scale subject, Google images and you will see that the full scale does not have a block leading edge or wingtips. Jim designed this plane with a very accurate outline, you'll just have to trust me that you are wrong and he is not.

Like I said I built mine in HS, here are some other pictures where you can clearly see the wingtips and leading edge. All I can say to you is try and learn from this and don't stop building, we all had to start somewhere and we all make mistakes. As you gain experience those mistakes will hopefully be less and less and certainly far less obvious than this! I want a flight report, I am very curious as to how this will fly.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	JEMCO FW-190-D9 Blueprints-xx.jpg
Views:	1451
Size:	279.1 KB
ID:	1975476   Click image for larger version

Name:	JemcoFW190d91.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	216.2 KB
ID:	1975483   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jemcofw190d92.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	94.9 KB