RCU Forums - View Single Post - interesting reading
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 08:08 PM
JohnShe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NorfolkSouthern
Being "handcuffed with regulation" is the last thing that will happen, if it ever does. I have stated that flying a model airplane is a privilege, not a right. But I am going to add something here. So is skateboarding, and so is bicycling! And to top this off: People have indeed been run over by mountain bikes and killed, but no regulations have ever resulted. Why? Because it would be unenforceable. I can save enough money to set up one of my fixed-wings with a camera, fill it full of fuel, and go "Full Trippy" on a landmark. As long as I don't publish the video, there would be no evidence as long as nobody else is in the vicinity. What would the AMA do then? Nothing. Absolutely, positively NOTHING. What can they do? If nobody sees me, and there's no evidence, then what can the FAA do? I don't need a license, there are no regulations with teeth so to speak.. So what?
I thought that mountain bike users had to be licensed? Isn't that a regulation? My concern is not the atypical accident on an AMA Club field, but for the jerks who fly their FPV toys in public places without regard for the damage they could cause if something went wrong.