RCU Forums - View Single Post - ESM FW D-9
Thread: ESM FW D-9
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2014, 05:50 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by McCrazy;11757
Speaking of retracts, seems to me that for the $600-$1000 people are investing in retracts for these planes they ought to be bulletproof. [COLOR=#b22222
I think of the firearms I can buy in that price range and all the material, design, and manufacturing effort that goes into them and can't believe these retractable landing gear cost the same yet perform so poorly and are such simple objects[/COLOR]. Seems like it would be a fairly easy market for someone to get into with room for plenty of profit if you could make decent equipment.
3.5 million Guns in this country and probably over half worth less that $1000. Where there probably less than 350,000 PR/C planes and less that 10% are worth more than $1000 and fewer than half of thoes have Retracts. and may be $350 are D-9's pretty well explaines the price of the retracts when U have to deride the total number of retract systems up among 4 or 5 Manufactures ... If they only made a couple hindered "Saturday Night Specials" the would cost fart more. It's the law of NEED for a Product. and at what profit can be made on any one item make.

Last edited by HoundDog; 03-12-2014 at 06:24 AM.