RCU Forums - View Single Post - No more Hanger 9 products for this hobbyist !
Old 03-12-2014, 03:24 PM
Fs one

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not a fan of Hangar 9 Arfs.I feel they build them too light I had the Edge 54o 80" wing.The landing gear is not strong enough I had to beef it up.I have seen other Hangar 9 Arfs not impressed with them.I like to build my own kits as well but I do have several Arfs and I believe there is a place for them.I have 3 Seagull kits I find the ones I have well built and less cost than many other Arfs.I alway's beef up the firewall with some angle stock but honestly on the Seagull kits I find covering painted parts and quality is very good.Pilot Arfs are good quality and you can't beat the free wood if you have a mishap.I believe if you haven't built from kit you are a hobbyist.I consider myself a Modeler because I build kits and repair them I also believe if you own Arfs and don't know how to repair you are going to throw away some good models.Building brings many learning curves you learn a lot about covering ,electronics and much more.Enjoy your Arfs but I encourage you to build your own as well.