RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA doesn't care about disable people or veterans!
Old 03-13-2014, 06:32 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by MX240
Ha, I sure agree with that.
Most of the handicap tags hanging from the rear view mirrors around here are on the expensive cars of fifty thousand plus.
And I know a fair amount of people with disabilities that have a difficult time owning and maintaining dependable transportation. The handicapped plate/tag allows one closer access when parking for anyone who has problems with mobility. Are there abuses? Of course one of the worst is the able bodied spouse using it because they just had to run inside for a minute. What relevance does a parking permit have to the discussion of membership discount? Or is it just stereotyping everyone with a handicap or disability? Have any of you complainers ever attended an event and found it impossible to use the facilities with any dignity. I have seen both guests/spectators and fellow pilots put in that position. Get off your chair and crawl or have someone help you into the washroom or get in your car and try and find one. Sure kicks the sh#t out of the fun quotient. I have found most with disabilities ask for nothing more than a chance for an equal opportunity to enjoy life and/or a specific leisure activity. If it takes a little effort on our part to make it easier for that to happen I don’t see the issue. As far as a membership discount I think most would rather have their personal needs at the field addressed as a priority.

Dennis