RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA doesn't care about disable people or veterans!
Old 03-13-2014, 07:51 AM
bchapman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think a discount would be fine, but it would be hard for the AMA to verify. Imagine having to send in your DD-214 or other documents to prove your disability and discharge status. It would just be a mess and would be a real target for fraud. The AMA just doesn't have the resouces in my opinion for such a program.

As far as the magazine goes, I remember a long time ago you had the option to either take the magazine or not and recieve a discount on your membership. That seems to have gone away at some point. Either that or I'm not remembering it correctly, that could be too. I think that would be an option to bring back, especially with the digital edition they have out as well. I still like something to read in my hands, but I'm old school and others are not. To each his own I guess, but it would be nice to have the option.

They probably don't do it anymore because the ones that don't want the magazine, subsidize the ones that do, to a point, making it more affordable for all. That sounds kind of like the bill of goods we were sold on Obama Care!! Lol!! I'm not touching that one!!

Brian

Last edited by bchapman; 03-13-2014 at 08:05 AM.