RCU Forums - View Single Post - BUSHWACKER, MARK'S MODELS, 1970s
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 10:06 AM
Pattern Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jkpape: If you read the thread from the beginning, there are several possibilities. Several have commented on either already having laser cut kits, or thinking about it. The kits come on ebay from time to time, but any more they are pretty expensive.

I've built from the kit plans before, but there is only one rib shown. I cut root and tip templates out of ply and then gang sanded all the "in-between" ribs, and it worked, but it's not terribly precise. I had to slightly change the wing saddle, because the root chord was slightly oversize, but it wasn't traumatic, lol.

I have an unbuilt kit, and could probably get a copy of the plans made for you if you can't find any other resource. I originally copied the plans because the ones in the kit were very old and fragile. I think it cost about $10-15 to copy. I keep threatening to draw it up in Deltacad, but things come up, lol. I also have the builder's manual scanned in (see earlier posts).

I'm glad I posted on this thread a couple of months ago. I love this plane, and am happy that the thread has "revived" itself, :-)