RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA doesn't care about disable people or veterans!
Old 03-13-2014, 05:22 PM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidAgar
I have a disability as well as being a Vet. On both counts I see that very few care about either and the AMA is more than likely is in that boat. I am a Viet Nam Vet and I have never had a welcome home parade nor much recognition for my service. What I have done is become an advocate for both Veterans and the Disabled. I am passionate in my desire to make sure that Veterans and Disabled people are given all that they have earned. As we speak I am writing letters to these idiot's that are running our Country and think it is okay to cut funding for Veterans. It seems that as soon as a budget crunch hit's it is Veterans that always take the hit.
I'm a Vietnam Era vet. Retired after 20 years with a minor disability. I appreciate the little perks of gratitude like a 10% discount at Lowe's, and a free meal for me and my wife on Veterans Day at Olive Garden. When I first enlisted in 1975 soldiers were getting spit on and Hanoi Jane was freely helping out with torturing our POWs.

My career is nothing compared to the vets before my time and those today. I salute those guys. They are putting it all on the line. I went to a lot of funerals for both peacetime training and war casualties.

I did give up a lot of financial security, and the retirement benefits were always meant to compensate a career of low pay, a spouse who had to change jobs every 2 years, and living in unreal crap holes that gouged out every penny because I was an American. If citizens want a defense they should stand up to the pay cuts we're facing and tell the lying scumbags in Washington a loud "NO". Being retired, stripping my health care will cost big time. Stripping the commissaries is like a big cut in our retirement checks. Try cutting the retirements of UAW retirees by some 30% and see what happens.

A $10 discount for AMA membership? Don't make me laugh. These cuts going to the Senate right now means no bucks for the AMA, the flying club, or glow fuel. Forget about that.