RCU Forums - View Single Post - Finally making the jump to LiFe batteries from Nixx
Old 03-21-2014, 10:03 AM
Lone Star Charles

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks, Mike --- It's good to know that your equipment has been reliable. After all, reliability is probably the most important part of maintaining a fleet of planes. You are right, the FMA Multi4 charger has to be the simplest, easiest to use charger I have ever had. I've already been considering ordering more of them. Thanks for the advice about the interface module, I'll get one the next time I place an order to Steve.

I did miss seeing the light on the switch. I just like to be able to look from a distance and be assured that the power is on or off, especially the ignition. In order to solve that, I went to Radio Shack and picked up a 5 pack of 5mm red LEDs and holders for about $5, I also ordered some 20ma current limiters from http://www.hansenhobbies.com/product...g/electronics/. Once soldered up, I installed the LED next to the switch and plugged it into the power harness. Viola! Lights on when switch is on.

I do like this setup and so far, I haven't seen anything I like better. I will probably convert all my stuff to this arrangement over the next few years.

Thanks for your comments
Charles