RCU Forums - View Single Post - Super Blackfoot 3 4x4 motor reccommendation
Old 03-22-2014, 09:47 PM
shaughnny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Blackfoot 3 4x4 motor reccommendation

Hello friends,

I am new here, but not at all new to the RC hobby. Been in and out of the hobby since the early 90's. Anyway the reason I am writing this post is for some advice. I just bought a Super Blackfoot 3. I added full ball bearings throughout. Also went ahead and did the 4x4 conversion. So with that I also needed a dual motor esc and I got one from a clod buster kit. I also have upgraded to oil shocks front and rear. The conversion to 4x4 required a few other parts including another gearbox and all is covered in this article. http://www.rcracer.com/2012/04/tamiy...ruck-power-up/ I also just ordered a heavy duty servo with metal gears. So at this point the last upgrade I can do is to change out the stock motors. I have read all about the brushless motors but cannot afford them. Was wondering if you guys had some suggestions on what brushed motors would be best... I want it to be fast, fast the better and the more torque the better. I don't mind the maintenance that goes with brushed motors. Thanks in advance, Waiting on the front drive shafts as well.Here are a few pics gathered so far,