RCU Forums - View Single Post - please submit your comments and pictures on your favorite .60 and .65 engine.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:58 PM
Ernie Misner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MJD
??

Look under his BSE engines:

Our newest "60" size big block is our BSE-1.20L 3D engine
Have a 60 size warbird that needs more prop and more power ? This is the engine for you!
Similar in size and weight to many .60 size engines (OS .61 and 91FX bolt pattern)
yet with the power output exceeding larger and heavier 1.20 engines on the market today.
This engine is a bit different... As with our .40L, 76L and 1.00L, the 1.20L
is designed for applications requiring lower rpm while turning larger props,
making it ideal for 3D Aerobatics, Scale, Precision Aerobatics and anywhere
you demand the best possible reliability and power to weight ratio.

Available with your choice of either our Turbo-Jett in-cowl muffler or
Jett-Stream muffler to best suit your application.
Hi MJD, thanks for the reply! I had to go back to the Jett web page and also read what Dub wrote to me in an email. The 1.20L is indeed a torque engine for 3D but it is too big and heavy for a .60 size plane (arguably). It's 27.8 oz and would probably be perfect for a 90. size plane or so. The new UCanDo is built light and I'm pushing it putting a Saito 100 on it. (21 oz) So what Dub was saying to me is that if he made a .90 in a torquer engine that would have been ideal but he has no plans for that at this time. Those Jett engines are sure nice to look at. I can see me having the .76L on a 40 size 3D plane real easy...... Here is what Dub Jett wrote to me when I asked him about an engine for this 7 lb. 3D plane: (now I am wondering if the 1.20L might have worked after all..... size size mount as a .91FX. Someone put a 15cc Evo gasser on this plane and it weighs total of 31 oz!)

>>>
The bottom line is I don’t really make an engine suitable for this. The only “full size” 10cc engine I make is the Jett .90 and no torque version of that. The other engine listed .60L is not really meant to compete with the larger engines. It was meant to be the most power you can cram into a .40 size case.

The 90 is not a torque engine and is used mainly for higher speed runs in .61 size airplanes. The OS .65 you have, or all the way up to their .91 all fit the same mounts and have more torque in that rpm range than mine. Other than that, throttle response is more about getting the carb set right. You have to set the mid range, rather than the idle. I have attached my instructions for that, if you care to look at them.

Make sure you mount the tank as close to the engine as possible and I don’t recommend pumps.

Last edited by Ernie Misner; 03-24-2014 at 09:24 PM.