RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dawn Patrol Rendezvous 2014
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 03:43 AM
WinterHawke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Billy Clink
Lee , may I ask , Which version would you duplicate of the four you sent ? personally I want to stay with the aluminum on the nose unpainted .....I want to use these markings ! Thank
You .
Billy, My fav of the four Major Barker Camel schemes is the last one - mainly 'cause it's the least typical markings for a British plane of the four, it's a direct link to Barker's famous Sopwith Snipe (in which he fought his iconic battle against huge odds and earned his Victoria Cross), and it's got not only the lady-pleasing heart on the fin, but that devil mascot on the starboard Vickers! If your going to be at Toledo in a couple weeks I'll drag my copy of "Victoria Cross" along to borrow you (it has a larger drawing of the scheme and the devil).

Originally Posted by FireBee
{Trumpets playing in the back ground}. To King Art, HPA, Sir Steve, and all WW-1 aficionados:
let's not forget the "Cup Cake Queen" and the Mid-Atlantic Dawn Patrol (Mad). Oct 1-5 2014. 5 days of
flying RC. Full scale will also add to the mix on Sat/Sun at military aviation Museum VA Beach.
Good morning R, Mike P. (FireBee)
Your event is also highly anticipated, and I'm hoping to be able to make it (I'm actually hoping to make it through Dayton!) - I know that last year it was very highly anticipated by Art and his Missus (Rhonda telling everyone that she didn't care if Art was going on not, SHE was going).

I will be sending out with my emailing on DPR'14 a list of ALL Dawn Patrol Fly-Ins that I've managed to track down for 2014 and one already scheduled for 2015 - I have it at no less than 22 Dawn Patrol-themed R/C events in the U.S. this year, plus a couple that haven't posted dates for their event yet. As soon as I can I'll be update my own webpage on these.

'til later,
Lee McDuffee

Last edited by WinterHawke; 03-26-2014 at 03:46 AM.