RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2014 race season
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 09:41 PM
Iron Dog

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Shawn,

As usual, your fiberglass work and paint look top-notch. (We are always our own worst critics.) Best of luck with your maiden.

Jim Sweeney's older P-47 was a bit of a handful during my maiden with it last Sunday. Adding flaps tamed the landing a little, but now the flight characteristics are off. The handling is just too wonky for me to feel comfortable racing it with so little time to work things out and practice. I'll make further adjustments and try again, weather permitting; but I'm not having a "warm, fuzzy" about the chances of feeling comfortable with it in time for the race, right now. He also assembled an old Kyosho Bf109 ARF part way for me, and I'm going to try to get that finished up, too. Its not pretty, but if I am lucky, I might get it done in time to see you on Sunday, and try to maiden it, as well. Yet again, I find myself trying to throw something together at the last minute to get out there. I look forward to seeing you, the "Macchi 5", and hopefully the rest of the family.

Ollie