RCU Forums - View Single Post - Four Stroke Valve Train Lubrication
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 07:50 AM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=Hobbsy;11769240]Barry, was it this one they called the, "twingle" if so it was made by Puch in Austria. Or was it a fourstroke 250 flathead. The engine would look like this if the flathead (picture #2)

It was this engine. I was probably 13 when my dad was building it, but after looking at the manifold pipes and crankcases it was this engine for sure. And, I don't really remember much about the right side look. It was a difficult carb to work with. I remember those problems. But, it was always called an Allstate that was rebadged from a BSA probably in error, but that doesn't make sense because if it was made in Europe it was in our garage being worked on back then and even as a kid i knew what it would have been. I found a couple of pics of BSA's with the same model Puch, so maybe it was scrounged up from one of those. I never heard that part, which isn't surprising. My dad was always bringing home engines, parts, tools, etc and telling my mother some far fetched story how they were almost free, etc. Kinda like some guys sneak in new models and engines now, rush home to get the UPS package before the wife see it, etc.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	250cc.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	1981937