RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another lithium polymer fire
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 01:34 PM
aquaskiman
My Feedback: (46)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by David Searles
For not trying, you've done an excellent job. Must come naturally to you!

#1 I unplugged the battery just prior to leaving for the store, so they weren't left unattended while charging. Your ASSumption is incorrect. The failure had apparently already started prior to me unplugging it and continued to conclusion in my absence.

#2 I never claimed it was anything else other than my fault. But thanks for your statement of blame, we can all rest easy now.

Scotty,

I assume the battery was bad, as I had unplugged the final battery from the charger before leaving. It apparently went nova at some point after I left.

Raptureboy,

Yes I admitted my mistake in public, now comes my public flogging by those who love restating the obvious. Thanks for your concern.

If there is anything to be learned here, IMO, it is that there is apparently a period after charging that these things can still explode. When I unplugged the final battery I assumed I was safe. NOT SO!

David S
David thanks for telling the whole story. It lets all of us know that these batteries will go off at any time. I store all my lipos in a ammo can, and charge in a fire proof bag. Now I am wondering if this is safe.