RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitro or electric for 8-year-old?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 08:45 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HerrSavage
The Traxxas mini E-revo is the worst RC I've ever owned.. If the parent is buying the RC, it has to interest him/her too...
Won't disagree in the slightest the Merv IMO needs almost half as much as the RC costs in aftermarket parts to make it decent. Stock I found it to be a turd.

Originally Posted by HerrSavage
It really does seem that the majority of people saying things like that about nitro have only ever had some POS Traxxas RTR, which really was a PIA... Traxxas is a brand best skipped altogether - especially their nitros.. If you owned a cheap pullstart nitro once, which was difficult, that experience does not apply to all nitro. And no, "good" nitros don't have to be expensive..
Agree too also to add most people don't bother following the instructions either, and decide to lean out the engine, and go run full throttle on the 1st tank then wonder why there engine don't work.

Hell I bought my savage X off one such person he claimed to only have run 3 tanks on the engine. The shell had a hole in it from scrapping on the ground upside down, and he said it kept popping wheelies on him. Funny thing is the thing should not have even touched the ground yet. For the record the dude jacked the engine up in 3 tanks running it insanely lean(I could not even get it to turn over it was so lean) without breaking it in, and it was cheaper to buy another engine(of course I paid as the engine was shot). Only reason I believe in the 3 tanks thing was outside the body post top, and body there were no scratches on the rest of the truck, and any savage owner knows that is not easy to pull if you actually run it