RCU Forums - View Single Post - EME 30-35cc onboard starter
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 04:43 PM
rcguy59
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now, here's the rub. The bolts that hold the prop to the hub are larger in diameter than the original DLE bolts.They are, in fact, the same size as the ones used on the DLE55. This creates several problems. When drilling props with a jig, the jig is set up for the smaller dia. bolt holes. That means after you drill the prop with the jig, the jig must be removed in order to re-drill the holes to the larger size. The "pre-drilled" spinners also must have the holes enlarged, making their use on a stock engine questionable at best. And finally, the single-bolt prop adaptors that are available for the 30/35cc bolt pattern won't work with the starter, either, due to their use of countersunk bolts and a lack of room for larger bolt heads. I am contemplating drilling a new set of holes in the prop hub between the existing holes and tapping them for the original smaller size. Perhaps the U.S. distributor can persuade the factory to reduce the size of the holes? Maybe Mike at MileHighRC will chime in. While this issue is not a deal-breaker, it is most certainly a P.I.T.A. and something to be aware of.

Last edited by rcguy59; 03-28-2014 at 04:44 PM. Reason: grammar