RCU Forums - View Single Post - Next tank build, assistance needed
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2014, 09:32 PM
ksoc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are building the Tiger to drive occasionally, I agree with ausf My Tiger is about as old as his, and was run in numerous battles stock, out of the box. The only upgrades it got were the transmission geardown to reduce the top speed, and a track tensioner (added later). I also glued the slipper clutch for the Turret Rotation and replaced the Gun Elevation device with a servo. I HATE the "rubber chicken" look of the main gun bouncing up and down!

Depending upon the level of exterior detail, this tank should be easy to upgrade after initial assembly.

From the FAQ thread, I think these comments still apply

TIGER I: (built plus feedback)
No Major Issues -
1) The Track Tensioner could be better - 2) Keep an eye on you track through out the day. The tracks can jump on the idler wheel - 3) Fabricate your own Tension system, or purchase an aftermarket tensioner (Daryl Tuners upgrade).
1) Main Gun Barrel Seam - 2) May cause recoil issues - 3) Careful sanding, filling, and painting of the seam,or replace with metal barrel.
* 1) Gear Box Brace - 2) Helps reduce gearbox and chassis flex. Metal Tracks cause more stress - 3) Fabricate your own or purchase after market (pcomm1)

If you pictures of any of the above let me know.

Good luck.