RCU Forums - View Single Post - Next tank build, assistance needed
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2014, 07:19 PM
metalhead1986

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, now on to a couple of questions on upgrade parts and research material.

I have been looking at more metal upgrade parts on both ETO and Matomart. For now, I am interested in things like the tow shackles, driver's hatch hinges, Bosch headlights, and grab handles. I am sure the parts ETO sells are very well made, but I wanted to see if anyone out there has any experience with the Matomart parts. They are not made from brass (looks to be brass) like the parts sold by ETO, but they are also much cheaper. I was just wondering if it would be a mistake to go cheap with the Matmart parts (Assuming they will fit the Tamiya kit). If ETO is the way to go, I have no problem spending the money. It will just slow down the build a little, as I picked up a second project this weekend, and it seems that none of my projects come cheap.

Second, does anyone have any recommendation for books to get when modelling a Tiger? I have seen a couple mentioned, but I cannot remember the names right now. I am no scratch builder, so super details created by me are not on table, but seeing what is not quite right with the kit might help me decide on what upgrades to go for. All the shiny metal on ETO makes it hard not to want everything.

Steve