RCU Forums - View Single Post - 2014 race season
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 10:32 AM
Jimmy Skids
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
Marty, what capacity pack and what voltage do you see after 1 flight. I was charging the pack after each flight and putting between 75 to 80 ma back into the pack so I'm sure that 800 ma is plenty capacity but that drop to 6.5V no load and with load it was dropping to 6 V. Im going to pull it out and see what the individual cells are reading. But everything went well got a couple items to change before she goes out again.
Speed,
Was the battery under load when you did the test? Under load my LiFE batteries will show 6.5 volts or so after a flight. On Sunday my plane with the GPS sensor was reporting just under 6.6 while on after flight (while resting). I tested my 1700 pack after first flight and received a reading below 6.6 with everything off and no load so I charged (since I was playing with the GPS and had the plane on for quite awhile), but didn't keep track of the MAH that "restocked" the battery. I flew a second time under the same conditions and then packed up. I can charge at home and note the MAH's and report back if it helps tonight. Usually during races I tend to recharge my LiFE batteries and see about 100-150 MAH needed to recharge after a heat. As a side note, I have modified my LiFe battery balance plugs so that I can use a charge port on the side of my plane along with a JR charge switch. This allows me to read voltage through the balance plug and recharge the battery as well without having to take the plane apart and access the wires for the battery.
Skids