RCU Forums - View Single Post - $60,000 RC Jet....I am sure we can make a better one
Old 04-02-2014, 07:10 AM
airega1
My Feedback: (204)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKEpps
I saw both the Bat plane and the Dragon at Toledo. The photos and videos don't do them justice. Being able to see them up close and personal is a treat. BTW, unless there were deleted comments, I don't think anyone was bashing the designer/builder Rick Hammell. I believe that it was the intelligence of the marketing of Hammacher Schlemmer that was being bashed. Is it a publicity/marketing ploy? Sure. Is it priced into the stratosphere so that only the wealthy (and hopefully intelligent) can afford it? Probably. I agree though that this is no different than if they had advertised any other turbine powered aircraft in their magazine/site. The risks and liabilities are the same, and hopefully both Hammacher and the buyer do their due diligence before any flight attempts.

My $.02
The only thing I bashed was the thought of someone laying out 60 grand for a model,not bashing the craftsmanship. Hammacher Schlemmer what are they famous for? I know I've heard that name but not in the world of RC