RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 05:01 AM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wfield0455
So are we saying that if you enable an output on an R3 used as a Satellite you CAN'T use Auto for the speed? Just curious as I have an R7 installed in my Extreme Flight 91" Yak and
it turned out I needed an 8th channel when I decided to add a choke servo. I added an r3 in dual path mode but set speed to Auto(same on R7), disabled fail-safe and put the ignition kill on the R3. It works perfectly as far as I can tell but if there is a clear reason why it should be 17ms instead of Auto I'll go change it. As far as I can tell, this is setting the speed for the stream between the 2 receivers so I couldn't see any reason why they shouldn't be able to be set as auto but then I've been wrong before. Also, a while back someone posted a link to a document describing frame rate calculation based on the number of channels, the channel pulse width + some constant but I haven't been able to find it again. If someone has the link I'd appreciate it if they could post it again so I can write it down this time..
You can use auto if the servo can handle it and operate ok. But some servos won't operate at the faster frame rate so the servo be ones the limiting issue. If auto works use it