RCU Forums - View Single Post - brushless evader tips?
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2014, 03:47 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

well I got it yesterday and had a motor issue after 2 minutes. started glitching.

took it apart and looked for damaged. didn't find anything other than a small washer that was stuck to the outside of the motor can. I don't see how that could have caused a problem but it is working now.

Except....it seems kinda slow. on a 2s I read it should do 40ish. seems more like 30mph to me. And it almost sounds like at WOT the motor is pulsing.
and since it is a castle system and I don't have a link it will be a pain to go threw the programing and make sure the settings are right.

I pulled apart the trans. no bad gears (and they are metal) and the diff looked ok as well. Only thing I noticed was that 1 of the small screws that holds the diff case together would not sit flush at 1st. I did not notice if it was that way when I took it apart. I had to mess with it some to get it flush (ish)
but then, the diff has some side-to-side play in the trans case anyway.

I will certainly have to do some stuff to the trans mount. I had a evader DT years ago that I put a mild bl system in, and snapped the trans mount on a jump.

if I decide to keep it for a while, I will have to replace the tires. the stock ones have possibly the worst traction of any RTR ive owned.

I also don't care for the battery mount. ive seen/read that it was designed to hold hardcased 2s lipo packs. well, not very easy if you ask me. dang tight fit with my standard sized packs, and getting the bar on is a pain. might have to do a Velcro mod or something.

honestly, not that impressed with the truck. But, for $90 I cant really complain much. Might just keep it as a backup brushless basher.