RCU Forums - View Single Post - My FEJ story
Thread: My FEJ story
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 04:44 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Erik R
Ok. I'm not going down this road with you. I don't post on here much, and I try to treat everyone with respect. You on the other hand, inject your opinion on almost every thread here. I don't think I'm all that. I'm a regular Joe, who likes airplanes, and enjoys hanging around other's who feel the same way. I learn new things about airplanes, and aviation every day.

Almost every time I read one of your posts, I get heartburn, because you pontificate as if you know more than everyone else here. You fight with venom, and fail to ever consider that an opinion that contradicts yours may be right, or at least have merit. I'm not that smart, and have been wrong many times, and will be again.

I usually just ignore your posts, because I don't want to feed into the negativity. I don't want to live like that. I've had a bad week, so I responded in a condescending manner to you. I apologize for that. Not cool, and I regret it. I don't want to fight with you. I'm sorry. All the best,

Erik
I simply state my opinion and experiences like everyone else does, even you. No harm in that. It's called dialogue. But your responses /attacks towards me always show disdain (like the first part of your response above). I don't start fights, but have often had to defend myself against attacks simply because I'm not "one of the crowd" or part of your "inner-circle of friends who goes to or flys at the jet events" or has 10,000 posts. When I encounter statements like that, I will fight vehemently, and with reason. Because those "claims" have no merit. They make me laugh too. Also, many people feel that the "typical jet crowd" are a bunch of arrogant know-it-alls.

I don't want to be brought into perfidious conversations.

As far as I can see, you (and some others) are the one's who have fought with venom, and would not consider the opinion of another unless you know them, or they agree with you. It's usually the negativity of the reader who injects their own hostility into an innocent statement of another. I hope that ends.

If you don't like my statements about the loss of an engine in some twins, then so be it. You try it. Others have, and they are dead. In the last 20+ years, enough pilots at KFXE (Ft. Lauderdale Exec Airport) have lost an engine after takeoff and have tried to return to the runway to land with just one engine. They are all dead now. Rather than a controlled crash on a road or some other nearby place, they opted to attempt to return to the runway. But they spun in when they lost airspeed/control.

But all this is just nonsense ... Moreover, and more importantly, I'm sorry to learn about the passing of your family members in such a short period of time.

Last edited by Airplanes400; 04-24-2014 at 12:41 PM.