RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 06:06 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok guys, here is another setup modification to chew on..

We all like the CB200.. its a cool setup.. It gives you a real time usage of your receiver batts, servo isolation, redundant source.. all good stuff.

Here is an idea if you are using an R14/18.

Install two MUI30's in between your batteries and your switch.. They will then stay powered at a low state while your batts are plugged in, and reset when you unplug your batts to charge them.. I am going to install them just prior to my wolverine switch in my Kingcat.. then it goes to twin inputs into the R14.. Since Im switching it to A123's, I will know exactly what I use..

Also, if you happen to use lion or lipos and a regulator, this setup will give you Actual battery voltage..

I know there are other good ways, but I really like the idea of knowing exactly how much juice is in my batts, and how much it expended, especially if using A123's, because the only reliable reading with them is MAH used..

If you use an R14or 18, you can also add a 3rd receiver in clone mode if you desire.. just assign the morse code to an unused letter, and associate a file with it, such as "second PPM weak"

Also during setup, it will show you real time current, so you can instantly see if a servo is binding.. just like the CB

Again, its an idea if you already have a standard receiver.. It would also work actually in any model as long as you disconnect the battery when you break for the day, so it won't run it down.. we install the MUI30 with bullet plugs at each end for our fuel pumps, so we can remove them if needed

On my electrics, I wired up an Mui 50 or 75 with plugs at each end, so I could use them for setups, and if desired leave them in.. Its already saved me a couple packs, with the over current alarm..

goose..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1602.jpg
Views:	675
Size:	2.93 MB
ID:	1985637  

Last edited by gooseF22; 04-09-2014 at 06:30 PM.