RCU Forums - View Single Post - My FEJ story
Thread: My FEJ story
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2014, 07:10 PM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jimmy,

The clock is leaving you behind!!! The accident you are talking about happened on 01 June 1999 in Little Rock with a Chief Pilot flying with a New Hire.

on 9/11/2001 AA had almost 14,000 pilots on the seniority list and began to furlough. The last guy came back about 6 months ago. Not counting USAir, there are just over 9,000 AA pilots currently on the list so in the past decade and some AA eliminated 4000 plus pilot positions, plus Age 65 killed it even more because most of the top guys hung on for 5 more years while the bottom of the list shrunk.

B

Originally Posted by Airplanes400
Every jet & plane has it's own set of engine out procedures. I'd hate to think you guys flying commercial jets think corporate jets are for girls. Although we did have some of the hottest girls flying with us.

It's hard to believe that it was so long ago, but sometimes it's hard to think of the 80's and 90's as being 20 to 30 years ago. Damn, how did I get so old? It was in the mid to late 90's when I was offered the position at American. Also, it's hard to comprehend that American hasn't hired any pilots for 12 years. Somewhere, I remember an incident with American a few years back involving a pilot who was reportedly hired just a year or two prior. That would indicate American as hiring within the timeline you mentioned. I just can't imagine American not having to replace some of all those older pilots who have left within the past 12 years.

Last edited by bevar; 04-09-2014 at 07:13 PM.