RCU Forums - View Single Post - Do we not like aluminum scale planes?
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 08:13 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
While I'm going to agree with most of your post and as I said in the other thread that my perspective has changed some with our discussions. Obviously it is being done so the reliability is higher then what I had originally anticipated. I'm still going to hold my ground some and say that although some guys are successful I still have to say it's with a lesser degree of reliability. There just simply is no way you are going to install an RX with internal antennas into a metal structure and get the same signal saturation. Now you may get enough to operate the model in most environments but what about that one time when you can't? Of course this is speculation on my part but why wouldn't someone who has done his homework on this topic share what he has found? it could very well put this debate to rest could it not? My theory and it is nothing more then that is that he has discovered that he has in fact reduced his safety margin and by posting such findings he would eliminate his plausible deny ability and be open to a higher level of liability should there be an accident. Again you are correct that nobody on RCU should take what anyone says at full face value. However is what you read makes some sense then do your own investigations and deem what is safe and what is not. Obviously I am of the opinion that an all metal airframe is beyond my personal safety margin, you may not and that is perfectly fine. Then again the reason for my opinion is based on my 36 years of flying R/C and my 15 years experience in the RF industry.
I have known carlos for nearly 10 years and have seen his models flying for much longer. Carlos is not one to take the time to spend hours upon hours explaining himself, especially if people come across as condescending to him. He isnt trying to start some conspiracy theory on the effects of metal airplanes and rf link strength and after knowning and working with him personally, he is not the kind of person who cuts corners just to go fly. If its not right, he doesnt fly it. The man has a history in fullscale aviation (as do I), he is not some fly by night hack involved in the hobby who doesnt know his left from his right.

Personally i am tired of everyone thinking they Have to have the answers handed to them on a silver platter. If people actually expended some effort in determining the answers to their questions, or atleast attempting to find the answer with some effort, the entire world would probably be less frustrating. It is amazing how some self study and research opens a persons mind to much more information than when they are given the answer.

Last edited by invertmast; 04-11-2014 at 08:17 AM.