RCU Forums - View Single Post - brushless evader tips?
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2014, 12:06 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess that is the advantage of a larger can. More gearing options. I found the EZrun's sweet spot, and am very happy with it. Plenty of torque and speed for a light, 2wd vehicle. I do have to gear it down a tooth on hot days. But overall, I think it's a good match for the 'vader. I HAD a 5700kv Sidewinder in it, for a while before the ESC died. It was crazy fast on 2S. And that motor ran hot as well. I think it was the fact that I'd used NiMh batteries with it at first, and the ripple currents caused by the batteries' lack of power caused damage to the ESC eventually killing it, even after I'd switched to Lipo. And, would you believe, that exact EZrun system is what HoBao specs for it's Hyper TT 4wd Truggy? (Which I also have)

I think you don't see many BL Evaders on eBay cuz not many people bought them. Hence, its disappearance from the retail market after only a year from its introduction. Too pricey for what you got, you could upgrade a regular Evader more cheaply. The Evader 2.4 is the logical version for a good entry-level pricepoint. At a $100 more for the BL version, the competition has options that are better.