RCU Forums - View Single Post - FAA fine against drone photographer dismissed.
Old 04-12-2014, 04:05 PM
bradpaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Propworn
I don't remember saying that only the feds could regulate rc, drones etc. I've stated local municipalities already ban most flying anywhere in the city. The feds are only another layer of government. It would appear they are definitely going to lay down some laws/rules/regulations on top of what we already have. There exists enough cooperation between each layer of government to see the offender get charged it only depends on how far they wish to pursue the issue.

Dennis
You want to clarify this post?

Originally Posted by propworn
For guys who can quote bile and verse from your constitution, or claim to know every loophole to every law you just don’t seem to get it.

No municipality or state law maker is going to take on aviation law. It’s not going to happen.

When the feds take it on they will look at it one of two ways. You’re a model aircraft flying under rules that clearly show you are a hobbyist in which case we are not interested in you. The accepted rules for a model and hobbyist are clear and agreed upon between the feds and AMA. Like it or not this is not going to change it’s already agreed upon. Your interpretation does not amount to a hill of beans.

If you’re flying outside these rules/guidelines it does not concern modelers or hobbyists except for all of us being painted with the same paint brush of irresponsibility. It will concern the FAA and eventually they will have the tools to deal with it. When they do I hope they make an example of those irresponsible flyers who think it their right to do what they want.

Dennis
A state, county or local government has the power to regulate RC. they always have, where you can fly, time you can fly, amount of noise, safety requirements, and even if you can fly over people or structures. They can pass a law and the police can enforce it.

Last edited by bradpaul; 04-12-2014 at 04:10 PM.