RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official HPI Hellfire Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 04:31 PM
nitroexpress

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by afro_lou
Great looking Hellfire, nitroexpress! What wheels and tires are you using there? I've got to replace mine soon...

I just picked up a nice roller too, in the process of converting to brushless! Should be fun! I'll post more info on that one as it progresses.

As an aside to you, nitroexpress, where do you run yours? I'm just over in Petaluma
I only ran that tire/rim combo a few times on asphalt. Proline MT Roadrage tires on 1/2 offset rims. I believe that they are the MT 3.2 size, which are very hard to find. The 40 series Roadrage 3.8 is probably the closest match, but they are pretty wide. The increased width hurt the turning radius, but they were fun for messing around on asphalt.

My HF SS has been mostly a shelf queen for years. Different body and engine now. It's a nitro and I haven't found any friendly spots to run anymore. I used it to race at Lakeport and Thunder Valley, but they are gone now. I also ran it for practice at the Petaluma track that Eric started, but it's gone also.

I've been hoping for the local track scene to improve, but nothing seems to be happening. I was hoping that the Petaluma 1/5 track would start allowing 1/8 scale to race, but they closed down completely.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/proline-tires-tmaxx