RCU Forums - View Single Post - Using over the counter spay paint on Warbirds
Old 04-14-2014, 04:12 PM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cublover
From a custom painter... My name is Rod, and I do custom show cars and bike,,,,and sometimes a plane...lol...MANY times... Dupla color was VERY good about 5 years ago, I think they changed the stuff!! it doesnt work worth a damn now!! I used it on glow and gas, with no problem, and now it seems to be a fail no matter what I do...if you wanted to paint the corsair, go to the local Jobber' Paint store for automotive. but a basecoat/clearcoat product... dont need spendy,, but it WILL work and hold up to glow or gas...if you spill glow on your car, it don't ruin it right?? well its the same stuff... "I just know how RCU is, someone will question it".. its not a spray can though... keep it clean.... for the clear,,,,find a product call 2K.... the clear comes in flat or gloss,,,READ the instructions on the can!!! it has to be activated..

http://www.spraymax.com/index.php?id=361&L=1

GOOD STUFF for the do it yourself-er

NOW..... you CAN use dupla-color THEN 2K over it....LIGHT COATS. I would put 2 light coats on, let sit over night,,,then clear first thing in the morning.....2K will be good for 24 hours I think, again, read the can!! if you want the flat look. use 2k flat, and do the same steps... you will have one hell of a nice corsair!!!...
very interesting stuff. i didn't realize so many ppl where doing spray cans. i did my AT-6 with klasscote paints. the stuff is really tough but is very fussy about what primmers is needed and it was really toxic. i went into my booth about 5 min after a spray job and thought i was going to lose it . man ! We have a complete rusto store distributor near me . i'll go check it out ,WB_1