RCU Forums - View Single Post - Using over the counter spay paint on Warbirds
Old 04-14-2014, 04:30 PM
deatonbt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at Lowe's or Home Depot the last time that I bought latex. There were empty spray cans on the counter with a charge unit to spray latex that were filled by the person at the counter. I didn't try it and used a detail gun from Harbor Freight with an air compressor. But it might be worth a try on a test surface. Any color can be mixed for the empty can from a color chip that you bring in. Since I don't compete, I just walked to the designer shade section and picked out some colors that matched the book that I have. I have had good success with Minwax polyurethane satin our of a spray can as protection against glow fuel over Krylon and Rustoleum. I am going to try it on the latex; mainly because the latex seems to pick up dirty finger prints easily. I have used Dow bathroom cleaner with a damp sponge to take grease smudges out of the latex on the inside walls of my house. It has worked every time without discoloring the paint. That being said, do a test spot in a not very noticeable place.
http://www.scrubbingbubbles.com/Prod...m-cleaner.aspx

Brian

Last edited by deatonbt; 04-14-2014 at 04:40 PM.