RCU Forums - View Single Post - WarbirdColors Paint
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 12:43 PM
Daveyrt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob...I think you are correct and I am not sure if the lifting is because of the paint is going down so thin that it lacks something to cling to the primer in that initial surface contact...then as you build on it the base is still weak. I wish I knew. I just don't think the paint should be shot with an Airbrush because of the thinning issue, but then the paint is contacting the surface wet not dry...so why does it randomly not stick...also, the lifting is coming from under the 3M blue vinyl striping tape...could there be an issue with the glue used by 3M, which is pretty much universal in the paint industry, and the paint...Bob...have you ever used Warbird paint over say...Klass kote...I know it's compatible the other way around. Reason I ask is I had Chuck mix a special color for me...it's perfect and expensive...I want to use Warbird paint ... don't get me wrong...it's just that I can't bring myself to put it all over a 2K airframe and then have it start lifting as I tape and add graphics...

Rick