RCU Forums - View Single Post - WarbirdColors Paint
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 04:52 PM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Daveyrt
Tom...thanks for the comments...your input helps greatly. The plane is beautiful by the way... I am doing everything you have mentioned. Everything. The paint I am spraying is setting quickly...my thinning is almost yours probably 50/50. I am getting acceptable coverage, no runs, the only problem I am having is the paint lifting under the 3M tape. Any masking tape has no effect on the white...I am getting ready to tape over the red just painted today and will shoot yellow hopefully with your 40/60 ratio and then we will see if the red and white hang together and both hold to the primer. But thanks for your comments, I just wish I was not on this forum with this problem.
Pull your tape after the paint starts to set. Don't let it sit overnight.I remove mine as soon as I can.

I have never been a fan of clear coat. In my opinion it provides an unrealistic look to the finish of a warbird.

Warbirds aren't supposed to be pretty. LOL I actually put scratches into the finish of my Stuka.I don't worry about marring the finish.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01084-00.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	1987328   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01086.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	1987329