RCU Forums - View Single Post - First In Flight Jet Rally May 21-25 2014
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 02:20 AM
chuckels
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RC Larry-RCU
Just got back from the last meeting with City of Wilson. Everything is on GO! Couple a great things to report. All registered pilots will be issued a Swipe Card for activating the auto gate. This adds security for all and helps keep any of the public from driving into the camping area or hanger area. Cards will be programmed to deactivate Monday morning.
Second bit of great news. Wilson will be on site Monday morning prior to the event to do a little filling in of low spot areas that could collect water! Yup,,,,,, Lake Wilson is scheduled to be filled in! lol Originally they were going to add walk paths in needed areas to create some high spots to walk across.( should we have standing water) That conversation quickly turned into "we'll fill the whole area down both sides"!!!!!! With that,,, I feel we'll have no rain at all. They'll be using a millings type material so no mud should it rain any.
I'm telling you,,, You couldnt ask for better people than the City of Wilson and WIAC.
just another reason we love coming down there to that beautiful site with great people that open their playpen for us to enjoy.
I'm still bringing a sump pump ... LOL
Chuck