Thread: BLADE Nano CP X
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 12:12 PM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A mini review ?

Hello,

Some comments like official reviewers typically write.
I have nothing to do with manufacturers or distributors; no relation at all.

Being a beginner with helicopters as my interest was born from a friend giving me a BLADE Nano CP X which I investigated. It led to my acquiring a BLADE 300 X which I am also investigating; how it is designed and fabricated. My choice of a 300 X was based on its medium size, its reasonable cost and its design being similar to larger models having individual components such as outrunner motor, separate ESC (Electronic Speed Control), individual servos, and an up-to-date separate receiver with incorporated stabilization.

Comments follows _ _ _ just expressing my feelings

1 - Nice and satisfactory packaging useful for long storing like in the winter season.

2 - Overall structure is solid but for some weakness at the main rotor head. Originally came with a plastic assembly. A macnined aluminum head is available at much higher cost (plastic molding versus machined parts). I have been told that the plastic is preferable in a mishap; better break the weaker plastic than more vital parts in the main shaft assembly. It makes sense to me.

3 - Spare fully charged battery packs allows for avoiding long charging times depending on the charger used. The 'balancing charger' ( as labelled ) that comes with the 300 X is not really a charger by itself; It is a unit that controls the charging conditions and balances the cells. It needs a pure DC ( Direct Current ) source which it then controls. I have read from more then one source that it is no good and junk to be thrown away. Mine has been used more than 20 times now and has functioned flawlessly It has a small fan 1 1/2 inch diameter that is a bit noisy and low revolutions. I posted pictures of unit insides attached to post #44. I do not know how the air circulation can come in else than tiny spaces around the connectors and the led lights.

4 - I had quite an adventure yesterday when I had to replace one of the main blade grabber. One of the balls to which the linkkage is on had fallen off. It appears as if the tightenning at the factory had gone too far and stripped the threads in the plastic. The plastic is not initially threaded; the small fitting makes its own threads in the plastic when installed. Taking things apart I found that the 1.5 mm Allen keys are not hard enough; they get rounded too easily ( I had the same with the Nano CP X ) . Fortunately I had two sets of good quality metric Allen keys (made in the USA). When it came to separate the two head grabbers I kept turning for quite a while till I found out that is where two keys are needed. We must hold one side while unscreewing from the other side. It took me a while to find that out. Then more problem using the good quality Allen keys when I found the female hexagon in the screw head got rounded out. I ended up having to use two pairs of long nose pliers to grab the OD of the screw heads. Fortunately that was possible to do. All is now back to normal.

5 - I had to go to myLHS to get new grabbers so I simultaneously got a bunch of spares; see attached pictures.

Now to start investigation of the AR7200BX receiver.

C U all later.

Zor
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	R 100_6952.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	1987699   Click image for larger version

Name:	R 100_6953.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	1987700  

Last edited by Zor; 04-17-2014 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Corrected typos