RCU Forums - View Single Post - WarbirdColors Paint
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 01:39 PM
Daveyrt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Jack...and Bob...We need to get this out to people and I don't know how...WBC recommends sealing their paint with a Clear Coat...like Klass kote Clear Coat...that's all they say...

I just called Klass Kote to ask if there was anything special about applying their Clear or was it like other clears and you apply several wet coats. They said, and I Quote! Mist coat for two coats over WBC paint to seal it. Make sure the paint is flashed before the second mist coat but make sure the paint is sealed with light coats...then apply the wet coat. They said if you put a wet coat directly onto WBC paint, it will Lift the paint !!!!!!!!! And the guy was fanatic about that last comment.

And Jack...contacting the manufacturer is like pissing into the wind. When you get a chance to talk to Chuck or email him...it is very quick...because you are told...."I have a Day Job". He has never responded to my emails explaining my problem past saying to use 240 sandpaper. That's why I ended up on the forum to see if I could get some help from people using the product...and It was very helpful....

Oh! Bob...the Sukhoi 26 was a student project initiated by Sukhoi with impossible parameters. When the rookies in the company came up with the plane and their top aerobatic pilot flew it .... well the rest is history. And you are correct about the G loads!!!

I saw this plane hang on the prop at an airshow in Waco in 89 ... 30 feet off the ground in front of the crowd...smoke on!!!! I will never for get that sight!