RCU Forums - View Single Post - C-ARF Ultra Flash build Thread + Video
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 03:57 AM
phantom_najd
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by afterburner
Husa, It's always the little things that seem to take the longest time to correct and when they come back to back it just makes it harder to get motivated to finish it. At least that's the way it ends up for me. I remember the days of staying up on a Saturday night trying to finish up a .40 size ARF for a maiden the next day. Now unless it's for an upcoming jet rally I just say it can wait.

Here's the take off roll of the Flash. The landing looked pretty much the same but went further down the taxiway to the right due to no air left for brakes. Could have probably aborted the take off but we all know how those split second decisions go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=as3CPYmfXKg
This short clip shows exactly what my flash was doing for the past couple of weeks. I had the problem fixed and I tested it today and it was tracking great. The problem I had was the mains were not toed-in. What I did to fix it was to drill and tap the M4 holes on the gear to M5 and fixed the flats on the pins so that when I screw the set-screws the tires are toed-in about 3-4 degrees. I don't know if it was necessary to use the M5 set screws but the M4 seemed too small to my liking.

Azzam