RCU Forums - View Single Post - Doping
Thread: Doping
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2014, 05:07 AM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

Did I hear this right, thinning Latex with Windex, or was it washer fluid for spraying? My Corsair will be painted with latex I got from Menards, in their half pint samples for $3 each. I got the FS colors and painted swatches, then had them color match the three paints. The top coat will be klass Kote clear. Right now it is in primer, needing a final filling and sanding, and then sealer coat primer. I will use my detail gun for that since it does shoot these heavier bodied paints without dripping all over my hand, then switch to the air brush for the blending part. Since it wont be in any shows, I am not going to spend a lot of time with panel lines and rivets since the kit itself isnt true scale no need to waste time on it. I may do the panel lines and details on the P-51 though since I spent so much time making the wheel doors work in a scale manner.

Once the sealer coat of clear dope is on the fabric, then it can be painted with just about anything, is this right? The tail feathers on the Corsair are fabric and have been sealed with clear, so I can just go over them with the latex?